Boulder Premises Liability Lawyers

If you were injured on someone else’s property, you may have a premises liability claim. When injuries occur on someone’s property, the owner or possessor may be responsible for those injuries if their property was not maintained or kept in safe condition. Slip and fall accidents are some of the most common types of premises liability claims.  Slip and falls or trip and fall accidents can happen anywhere, no matter whether you’re inside or outside, shopping in a grocery store, or visiting a friend’s house.

If you’ve been injured in an accident that you think might be the result of poorly maintained premises, you should seriously consider consulting with our experienced Boulder premises liability lawyers. At Zinda Law Group of Boulder, our experienced premises liability lawyers have the resources and the skills necessary to help you achieve the best possible results in your case. Call us today at 720-545-2689 and find out what we can do for you with a free attorney consultation.

Did Your Injury Occur On Private or Public Property?

If you were injured in an accident, whether you tripped in fell in a poorly lit parking lot, slipped and fell on a wet or icy floor, or an object fell on you at a retail store, one of the first things you need to think about is whether the property is private or public, who might be owner of the property, and whether the owner owes you any duty of care.  In Colorado, the duty of care or responsibility that owners of property owe to you typically depends on whether you are:

  • An Invitee. You are an invitee if you are present on a particular premises to conduct business.  For example, you are an invitee if you are shopping at the grocery store.
  • A Licensee. You are considered a licensee if you are on the premises with the permission of the owner.  You might be a licensee if you are visiting a friend’s house after they invited you over.
  • A Trespasser. You are trespassing if you are on someone’s property without their permission.

The highest duty of care is owed to invitees and property owners are required to remediate or minimize any risks of danger that they know of or should be aware of if they exercise reasonable care.  Licensees are owed an intermediate standard of care.  For example, a licensee might recover damages if the owner of the property knew of a dangerous condition, but they did nothing to fix the issue. Finally, property owners are typically responsible for a trespasser’s injuries only if the owner willfully or deliberately injured the trespasser.

Regardless, if you’ve sustained injuries on the property of another person or company, it may be possible to pursue a premises liability claim.  But since premises liability law is complex, particularly because the duty of care owed to you may be unclear, or a number of defendants might be involved, it is important that you consult with an experienced Boulder premises liability lawyer right away.

No matter whether your injuries are minor or serious, you may be facing medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages.  When you have an experienced attorney on your side, your chances of obtaining the compensation you need to cover these expenses and damages will increase significantly.

Experienced and Knowledgeable Boulder Premises Liability Lawyers

If you have questions regarding your potential injury claim, we have answers.  Call Zinda Law Group of Boulder today at (720) 545-2689 to get started with a free attorney consultation.  Our attorneys also operate on a contingency fee basis. This means if we don’t win your case, you won’t pay us a dime. We look forward to helping you seek the justice and compensation you deserve.